Saturday, May 23, 2009

First Stop: DC

Made it to my first pit stop in DC! After driving 9 arduous hours through the chaos that was the Jersey Pike and maneuvering through Downtown DC, both Christin and I managed to make it safely to our first pit stop. On our way here, we passed through Connecticut, New York, Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and a portion of Maryland, before we finally made it to our nation's Capital at around 4PM.

Surprisingly, the drive itself wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's the aftermath (aka fatigue) that hits you in the form of blurred vision, tired legs, and a sore back that really gets ya. :(


I'm not sure how I'm going to make it to Tennessee tomorrow, now that I'll be embarking on this journey alone. The plan is to head out at 6AM sharp, and hit Memphis by early afternoon. Wish me luck!!