Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sonoma, CA

I've lost track of what day it is today. I'm currently in Sonoma County, headed toward Sonoma and then San Francisco.







Yesterday, drove up the US Pacific Highway (aka Highway 1) along the Western Coast toward Napa. What a beautiful drive that was! Along the way, saw a few elephant seals. They're noisy as hell, but adorable!



Almost ran out of gas so I stoppped at one of the only gas stations along the route. They charged me $4 per gallon! It was a total rip-off, but what can you do? My options were limited - pay for the gas or run out of gas along the way. Naturally, I opted for the former.



On my way up the coast, there were quite a few campsites. I had camped in one of the state parks the night before, but I sort of regretted that decision because the next morning, I noticed more campsites further up North that had better views of the Pacific Ocean. I would've liked to have camped in one of the forests along the coast, but I'll reserve that for my next road trip.





Spent the past day in Napa, CA visiting the different wineries and such. Too bad I had to do this part alone. If I had a designated driver, I could've at least enjoyed a few glasses of wine. ;)

Well, I can't believe my trip is almost over. With only 2 more days to go, I would've liked to soak up the last few rays of sun here in Northern California, but alas, today's weather forecast calls for clouds and showers. :(

Maybe I'll have better luck with the weather in Boston.

Anyway, this will probably be my last post before I head back to Boston. I just want to thank those of you who kept up with my blog during the past 2 weeks. Your enthusiasm and support have been an unbelievable source of help that I could not have done without.

See you all when I get back!!

Jen